April 6, 2021 10am
Founder, The Huffington Post / Founder & CEO, Thrive / Author
- Moderator: Dr. Steven Tomlinson
Associate Professor of Leadership, Seminary of the Southwest in Austin
The pandemic has exposed and heightened employee vulnerability to stressors that inhibit productivity and happiness. According to the CDC, over 40% of Americans are reporting mental health challenges. The stress of our new “perma-work” environment not only threatens mental health, it suppresses productivity and dulls creativity and innovation. We can give people tools to build resilience, to operate from a place of strength, better capable of navigating the change in their daily lives.
April 6, 2021 1:10pm
- Morgan DeBaun
Founder & CEO, Blavity
- Moderator: Emily Ramshaw
Co-Founder & CEO, The 19th
- Building a community from scratch that drives revenue and growth, creating a successful business. How cultivating culture internally and with customers can ensure a successful business.
Want diversity? It’s simple. Add more chairs to the table.
Build more diverse companies from the start. This will give you the competitive advantage to crush your competitors.
Trust your convictions, not others’ assumptions. DEI isn’t a niche market - the opportunity for growth is limitless.
April 7, 2021 10am
- Tristan J Walker
Founder & CEO, Walker & Company Brands
- Janice Omadeke, CEO, The Mentor Method & 2021 Co-Chair, Culturati
- Albert Swantner, Co-Founder & CTO, Mobile Tech RX & 2021 Co-Chair Culturati
Values cement culture
Scale empathy across your organization
- Understand how to serve consumers of color, or vanish
April 7, 2021 1:10pm
- Mark McClain
CEO & Co-Founder, Sailpoint & Author of Joy & Success at Work
- Moderator: Eugene Sepulveda
Co-Founder & CEO, Culturati
- You can't fake a good company culture—it’s either firmly engrained in the company from the start (and from the top down), or it’s not. And that becomes evident as soon as that culture and team is put to the test, as we’ve all been during this pandemic year. But where do you start – either in forming or refining your company culture, especially today? Here's one CEO's tried and true approach to leadership and the critical role that a solid company culture plays – both pre- and post-pandemic.
April 8, 2021 10am
- Shellye Archambeau
Fortune 500 Board Member /Former CEO of MetricStream / Advisor & Author
- Moderator: Nicole Brennig
Partner, DLA Piper
- “Shellye's life story, and the lessons it carries, are powerful examples of focus and ambition that can shape your life for the better.” — Ben Horowitz, Andreesen Horowitz
In her new book Unapologetically Ambitious, Shellye Archambeau explores the intersection of race, gender, ambition, and mental health for leaders of all kinds. In this conversation with DLA Piper’s Nicole Brening, we’ll cover:
- How to dismantle impostor syndrome
- The difference between sponsorship and mentorship
- Integrating personal and professional growth
- What we need to do to help women of color rise through the ranks
- Why work-life balance is a myth
- How to recognize and deal with burnout
- How to manage...
April 8, 2021 1:10pm
- Desiree Motamedi
Sr. Global Marketing Director, Workplace at Facebook
- Moderator: Matthew Duncan
Culturati Steering Committee and Employee Experience Advocate
Desiree Motamedi is Global Marketing Director of Workplace from Facebook, responsible for growing and leading marketing globally. Her team is responsible for brand development, marketing strategy, content creation, and channel development. With a proven track record of results throughout her career in Silicon Valley, Motamedi’s efforts are focused on enabling Workplace to scale, connecting more teams around the world.
Culturati is a community of CEOs, people leaders, investors, scholars and change makers who practice & study culture building and who share our playbooks. We host open, candid conversations around North America during the year. We commission research and publish thought leadership: The Culture Book, Vol I: When Culture Clicks; The Culturati Magazine; and the On Culture Newsletter.